Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing water features with gizmos, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] You've seen how to create water features,…but of course you'll need to know how to…edit them as well, in this video we'll see how to edit…rivers and water areas using gizmos.…And actually I'm gonna orbit the model around…to look at our little stream, which isn't…so little right now.…Running down off the back hillside.…Now, we're still not going to address the excessive…width of this stream in this video because…we want to focus on the gizmos, you'll see when I click…a stream or river object in this case, I've got the same…gizmos that I'm used to seeing, I've got individual…cubed shaped gizmos on the vertices that define…the path of the stream, I've got the move gizmo with…all its axis arrows and the flat plane for moving the…object, and I've got the rotate gizmos.…
What you won't see here are elevation gizmos,…and that's because a linear water feature, a river, is…always going to be quote unquote painted on the terrain.…So no matter where I put these vertices they're always…going to set themselves elevation wise on the terrain.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.