Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing roads with right-click menus, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Another handy way to edit roads is…through the use of the right-click menu.…Let's see how this works.…Let's go ahead and right-click one of our roads.…We see that we're in edit mode…and this is the right-click menu that we want to be using.…If you recall back in the video…where we discussed edit mode and select mode,…there are actually two different right-click menus.…The one we're talking about here is the one…that you'll see when you're in edit mode.…If I right-click the road you'll see that,…aside from being able to exit edit mode,…I've got several modification commands here.…
Add vertex and its counterpart remove vertex.…Then we've got split feature, drape feature…and convert to design road.…As you might have guessed, that'll take this sketch road…and convert it into the type of road…that has more engineering sophistication built into it.…Then we can also from here go into the properties command…and modify some of the properties.…But as we learned also in an earlier video,…the new contextual stack is a better choice…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.