Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing roads with right-click menus, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Another handy way to edit roads…is through the use of the right-click menu.…Let's see how it works.…I'm in the Chapter 03 Lynda Heights model…and I've selected the Edit_Roads_Menu proposal.…I'll choose the Lynda Heights bookmark…to zoom into our residential development.…So to see the right-click menu…what I'll do is I'll click on the road…and I'll see the gizmos are visible,…which tells me I'm in Edit Mode.…And then if I right-click on the road…I see a shortcut menu with a series of commands…that can come very handy.…
The first one we'll look at is Add Vertex.…And Add Vertex is handy when I wanna make…a bend in the road where there currently…isn't a way to bend the road.…And a good example is right here…where the road is very straight…and I would like it to kind of snake out…into this area and then back again,…but I can't do that because I don't have a gizmo…in this area that I can drag out…and change the path of the road.…No problem, I'll just right-click on the road…in the general location where I want the Vertex,…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.