Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing roads with gizmos, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Gizmos are a great way…to manually edit an object by kind of pushing…and pulling it around in the model.…Let's see how gizmos work for roads.…I'm going to zoom in a bit…and select one of the roads in my model.…And since I'm in edit mode,…which we learned about in the previous video,…we actually see the gizmos that…are associated with a road object.…And we see a purple cube gizmo,…a light blue cone gizmo,…and then some other gizmos out on the fringes…that we're not going to talk about for roads…because frankly they're not really…important or relevant to roads.…
But, these two are actually very important…and we're going to focus on them.…So, the cube shaped gizmo I can move that…in any direction and basically place…it anywhere in the model.…Modifying the x and y values,…and you can see the tool tip that appears…showing me what I'm doing to the x…and y values as I move around.…In fact, I can even go in and edit…and type in the numbers for those x and y values.…Now, the z value is being selected for me…based on the elevation of the terrain…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.