Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing roads with gizmos, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- Gizmos are a great way to manually edit an object…by kinda pushing and pulling it around in the model.…Let's see how Gizmos work for roads.…I'm in the Chapter 3 Lynda Heights model,…and I've chosen the Edit_Roads_Gizmos proposal.…I'm also going to choose the Lynda Heights Bookmark,…and that'll zoom me in to the residential development…that we've been studying and working on.…So, I wanna make some edits to the roads here,…and I'll start by clicking the roads,…and I can see that I'm in edit mode…because the Gizmos appear and I can see…the Edit mode icon is lit up here on the utility bar.…
Now I wanna focus in on these two Gizmos,…the box and the cylinder,…and we can see there are pairs of those…at various locations along the road.…We've got other Gizmos out here…that really aren't important for roads,…and we'll learn about those with some other objects…that we'll study later on.…But what do these two Gizmos do?…Well, the box-shaped Gizmo will allow me…to take a point on the road,…and move it really anywhere I like.…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.