Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing pipelines and pipe connectors with gizmos, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Pipelines and pipe connectors,…like other InfraWorks360 objects,…can be graphically edited using gizmos.…Let's take a look at how this type of editing is done.…Notice that surface opacity is on,…which is, by the way, in the Draw menu.…It's a toggle that switches me between 50% and 100% opacity…and currently I'm going to turn on…the surface opacity feature so that I can see the inlet…and pipes beneath the ground.…And I'm going to zoom in to this inlet that's in the center…of the parking lot just to kind of demonstrate…and show what some of these gizmos are and what they do.…
Let's start with the pipe.…So I'm going to dip underground a bit so that I can select…the pipe and take a look at some of the available gizmos…which you've been introduced to all of these with some…of the other objects that we've talked about.…So I've got the cube shaped gizmo which allows me…to re-position the end of the pipe in any direction.…And then I've got the cone shaped gizmo which allows…me to move the pipe up and down in the z-axis.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.