Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing pipelines and pipe connectors with gizmos, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- Pipelines and pipe connectors,…like other InfraWorks objects,…can be graphically edited using gizmos.…Let's take a look at how this type of editing is done.…I'm in the Ch 03 Lynda Heights model…and I've selected a proposal called Edit_Pipes_Gizmos.…I'm also going to choose the Common Area Iso bookmark…to zoom me in to an isometric of…the common area that we've been working on.…Notice also that I have Surface Opacity turned on…and if you're not sure how to get to that setting,…you do it by expanding the orange toolbar,…clicking the Design icon…and then clicking Surface Opacity.…
It's a toggle that switches between…50% and 100% opacity.…We want to be able to see through the ground a bit…so that we can see the pipes and structures beneath…that we're working with.…Let's talk about some of the different gizmos…that we have to work with…on pipelines and pipe connectors.…We'll start with pipelines.…If I diff my view underground and click on a pipeline,…I basically have two gizmos that I can use…that are actually useful.…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.