Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing pipeline and pipeline connector properties, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] As you may have seen with…other InfraWorks 360 objects,…at times, there are useful values in the contextual stack…that we can use for editing.…Let's see what some of those are…for pipelines and pipeline connectors.…So let's zoom into this inlet…in the center of the parking lot.…I'll click on it to bring up the contextual stack,…and let's look at some of the values we have available,…specifically in the geometry section.…And I'd like to focus on this height setting.…Notice that it's kind of at a strange value: -7.64.…
Where did that come from?…Well, a few videos ago, I showed you how…the pipe style that we used,…and I'll show you again.…I'll go to the style palette and go to pipelines,…and we'll look at this concrete pipe style.…You'll notice that the height,…or the diameter of that…height is set to 1.64 feet.…So it's the inside diameter.…Probably 18 inches, or 1.5 feet,…plus the wall thickness.…So you take that six feet of depth…and you add on the outside diameter of the pipe,…and you get 7.64 feet…and that's what set the bottom of our structure…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.