Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing piers, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] After seeing what you can do with…girders in the last video,…I bet you're wondering what's possible with piers.…Let's find out.…So, I'll start by clicking the pier…and remember the first click is for the bridge…and the second click is for the pier.…And I'll know I have it selected…when I see it highlighted individually,…I see the gizmo at the top,…and I see Pier at the top of the contextual stack.…The first thing we'll change is the style…of the pier.…By default, piers are created as these things…called Legacy Piers, just a simple…rectangular cap with circular columns…and a rectangular base.…
So let's click Legacy Pier to change the style.…As you can see, we've got quite a few styles…to pick from.…I'm going to use this Flared 1 Column style…and I'll double click that to apply the style…to the pier I've selected.…Now, perhaps we've done some structural analysis…on this style and we've made some determinations.…For example, the base width needs to be 12 feet.…So in the Base Width field, I'm going to…enter the number 12 and press enter.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.