Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing pavement drainage, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Now that you've seen how to create…a drainage network, what are some things…you can do to edit it?…If you watched the last video,…you recall that we had some issues in this area.…Infraworks 360 did a great job of…calculating where all of the inlets and manholes…needed to go, but it didn't do so hot in this area.…It just couldn't interpret the slope of the ground,…the geometry of the road.…We're really not sure but we know that we need to do…some manual editing in this case.…So let's take a look at this manhole first…and we can see that it's projecting…up above the pavement surface.…
That's obviously not something we want.…So, I wanna look at the road elevation.…All I'm doing is looking at my z-value…coordinate readout here.…And just left of the manhole frame,…the pavement elevation is about 413.85,…so let's give it a try.…When I click the manhole, click the…elevation gizmo, type in the value 413.85,…and it looks great.…You'll find that typing in the elevation…is easier than dragging the gizmo…up and down because inevitably you don't go quite…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.