Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing groups of trees, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] You can edit trees individually,…or in the case of rows and stands, you can also…edit them as groups.…Let's see how it works.…This time, we'll focus on the row of trees…along the back edge, and the stand of trees…in the wooded area in the back corner.…Let's do the row of trees first.…I'll select the tree at the end of the row,…and I see a couple of things happening.…I see that that individual tree is selected,…and some gizmos up here that tell me…that I can edit that individual tree,…but I also see the path of the row highlighted…with it's gizmos as well.…
And that means that I can edit the path of the treeline…using those gizmos.…Now, if I select that same tree a second time,…it selects all of the trees in the row,…and places them all in this one, big, bounding box.…So I see now that I have gizmos…for all of the trees at once,…one at the top of the bounding box to set the height,…I can move the trees around using the move gizmo,…I can even rotate them using some rotate gizmos…at all the corners of the bounding box.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.