Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing groups of trees, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- You can edit trees individually,…or in the case of rows and stands of trees,…you can also edit them as groups.…Let's see how it works.…I'm in the Chapter 4 Lynda Heights model,…and I've chosen a proposal called Edit_Group_Trees.…I'll also choose the Common Area Iso Bookmark…to zoom us into the common area…where our trees are located.…So in this video, we wanna talk about…editing entire groups of trees.…And let's start with this row along the back edge.…I'll start by clicking one of the trees.…
And then what I wanna point out is,…if I click that tree again, it highlights the entire row.…Let me show you that one more time.…I click a tree the first time,…and it treats it as an individual.…I get gizmos for that individual tree.…And then, in addition, I get the alignment…of the row of trees kind of highlighted…with gizmos for the vertices of that alignment.…So I can make changes there, too.…I could change the path of the row of trees…by clicking and dragging the gizmos.…
But the important thing I wanna point out,…if I wanna make a change to the entire row of trees…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.