Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing coverages, part of Up and Running with InfraWorks.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Coverages not only show different areas of land cover,…such as grass, pavement, and so on.…They also can be used to shape the land itself…to meet the needs of your project.…Let's take a look at how to modify and configure…coverages to design the terrain for your model.…I've opened the Chapter Three Hotel Lynda model,…and I've selected the Edit Coverages proposal.…I'll also select the Hotel Plan bookmark…just as a starting point, so that you and I can…start this exercise with the same look.…
I'm going to zoom in a little bit to my project,…and then turn it up on its side by clicking and dragging…the mouse and using the orbit tool.…Next I'll click the outermost coverage.…Remember that our coverage, we actually hvae…three of them.…We have a grass coverage, which is the outermost coverage.…And on top of that we've got a pavement coverage.…And on top of that we've got another grass coverage…for a garden slash courtyard area in the back.…I'm interested in selecting the outermost grass area.…
Notice the gizmos that appear.…
- Working within the InfraWorks environment
- Building a model of existing conditions
- Creating a new design with roads, coverage, and buildings
- Add detail with trees, water features, and points of interest
- Using styles to change the appearance of your design
- Presenting your design
- Analyzing your design
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD 2015 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 35m Beginner
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
Up and Running with Civil 3Dwith Jon Michael Roberts2h 31m Beginner
1. Work within the InfraWorks Environment
2. Establish Existing Conditions
3. Create Your Design
4. Add Detail
5. Create and Apply Styles
6. Present Your Design
7. Analyze Your Design
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.