Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing coverages with right-click menus, part of InfraWorks 2016 Essential Training.
- The right click menu is another way that you can…make things happen with your coverages,…including the powerful Shape Terrain command.…Let's see how it works.…I'm in the Chapter 03 Lynda Heights model,…and I've chosen the Edit_Cov_Menu proposal.…I'll click the common area plan bookmark,…and that'll zoom me into the area…where my coverage is located.…I wanna talk about some of the commands…in the right click menu.…So I'll click the coverage,…and I want to make sure I'm in Edit mode,…which at this point I'm not.…
So I'm going to right click and pick Edit,…or I could also click the Edit icon…on the utility bar.…With the gizmos present,…I'll right click on the coverage,…and I'll see a couple of commands…that are quite handy.…First I've got the Add Vertex command,…the Shape Terrain command,…which we'll talk about in just a moment,…but also the Remove Vertex command.…The Split Feature command actually doesn't apply…to coverages, and it will stay grayed out…no matter what you do.…So let's talk about Add Vertex.…
If I change my view a bit,…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.