Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing coverages with gizmos, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- As you've seen, InfraWorks is in some ways…a kind of sketching tool.…Naturally, you're going to want…to edit the things that you draw…so that you can tweak them and adjust them…to just the effect you're looking for.…Let's take a look at how to adjust coverages using gizmos.…I'm in the Ch 03 Lynda Heights model…and I've chosen a proposal called Edit_Cov_Gizmos…or Edit Coverages with Gizmos.…I'll choose the Common Area Plan bookmark…which will zoom me into the common area…currently represented with a simple coverage.…
We want to talk about the gizmos…that are used to modify coverages…and I'll start by clicking a coverage.…Now, because I'm in Edit mode,…you could see the Edit icon…lit up here on the Utility bar,…I get a view of the gizmos.…We've already studied the Cube and Cone gizmos…when we talked about roads.…Let's talk about some of the other gizmos…that we see right now.…If you notice, my coverage is kind of been enclosed…in an invisible bounding box,…you can see the thin lines here,…and at the corners of that box…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.