Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing coverage properties, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- For certain objects, there are values…in the Properties panel…that can be very useful to change.…In the case of coverages,…there are two important values…that we'll discuss.…Let's see what they are.…I'm in the Chapter 3 Lynda Heights model,…and I've selected a proposal…called "Edit_Cov_Prop,"…for Edit Coverage Properties.…I'll click the Common Area Plan bookmark…and that'll zoom us into our coverage.…So, we're going to change…a few small values for this coverage…and you're gonna see that it will have…a very drastic effect on the look of our site…and the impact of our design.…
So to get started, I need to bring up the Properties panel.…And the easiest way to do that…is to select the object,…right-click, and pick Properties.…The two values I want to focus on in this video…are Buffer and Smooth Radius.…The Buffer value will cause the coverage…to extend beyond its own perimeter…by whatever value I specify.…I'm gonna type in 25,…and I wanna point out that I've got…the Auto Update box checked,…so as soon as I press Enter,…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.