Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing buildings, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training (2016).
- [Voiceover] After creating a building,…you'll most likely want to make some changes.…Let's take a look at some of the building editing tools…InfraWorks360 has to offer.…To start off I want to change the shape of the building…by squaring off this corner.…Notice that we've kind of got a sharp angle between…the face of the building and the back of the parking lot.…I would like this to come straight back,…perpendicular to the parking lot and then cut over this way.…So to get started, I'll click the building.…I want to make sure that I'm in Edit mode…so I can see the gizmos, and then I'm going to right-click…near the midpoint of this side of the building…and say Add Vertex.…
Now I've got an extra place where I can bend the building.…Now to get this right, I'm going to go into Plan View,…and click and drag that cube-shaped gizmo…until I get that 90° angle.…Now is it exactly 90°? Probably not.…And at this point in the game…I'm not really worried about that.…I'm not at the point where I'm drawing things…to exact dimensions or exact angles, but this is…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.