Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing 3D-model-based barriers, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- Barriers based on 3D models, rather than styles,…are a bit more complex to work with.…Let's see how to get what you want…out of this type of barrier.…I'm in the Chapter 4 Lynda Heights model,…and I've chosen a proposal called Edit_Model_Barrier.…I'll pick the Common Area Iso Bookmark,…and that'll zoom us into our common area.…A few videos ago, we created a barrier…which we hoped to represent a fence…and a series of light poles.…Let's work on the fence barrier first.…
I'll zoom into the single insertion of the fence 3D model.…And to get started with configuring this…to actually look like a fence,…I need to go into the properties of this barrier.…So I'll click on it, right-click, and then pick Properties.…The key value that you need to edit first is Object Spacing.…Without Object Spacing, InfraWorks assumes…that you only want one copy of the model.…Magically, when I put a value in for Object Spacing,…and I'm just gonna guess that 10 might work,…then I start to see some things happen.…
Notice now that there are copies of that object,…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.