Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating water features, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Water features are another great way…to add detail, realism, and life to your model.…Let's take a look at how to add…two types of water features, rivers and water areas.…There are two water features…we want to create in this video.…The first one is back on the hillside…where we're missing a little stream…that runs down the hillside and ties into this larger river.…It's a pretty minor water feature…but we wanna make sure we call attention to it…as a beautiful, pristine feature that's adjacent…to this development that we're creating.…
And then, the second feature we want to create…is a pond in this area.…And this is a new pond so it's interesting…that we're creating two completely different types…of features.…A new design item in the pond…and an existing feature with this existing stream…that runs down the hillside.…So let's do the stream first.…First thing I'll need to do is to find my tools.…So if I open the core orange icon, go to the create icon,…I'll see two tools for creating water features.…
Rivers and water areas.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.