Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating water features, part of InfraWorks 2016 Essential Training.
- Water features are another great way…to add detail, realism, and life to your model.…Let's take a look at how to add…two types of water features,…rivers and water areas.…I'm in the Ch 04 Lynda Heights model,…and I'm in a proposal called Create_Water.…I'll choose the Common Area Iso bookmark,…and that'll zoom me in to the common area…that we've been working on.…There're two areas that I'd like to add water features.…The first is over here on the hillside,…where we've got this deep ravine,…and there's actually a spring running down through this area…that we'd like to display in the model.…
That wasn't included in the GIS data,…perhaps because it was too minor of a water feature,…or for some other reason that we don't know.…But it's a very visually pleasing feature of the model,…and we wanna make sure we capture that…coming down the hillside.…The second item we'd like to add…is a pond in this area,…so it's interesting, in one case…we're adding an existing feature,…which is something you can totally do…with InfraWorks 360,…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.