Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating water features, part of Up and Running with InfraWorks.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Water features such as streams and ponds are a great way…to add detail and realism to your model.…Let's take a look at how to use the rivers…and water areas tools to create these features…in the InfraWorks model.…I've opened the chapter four Hotel Lynda model…and I've selected the create water features proposal.…I'm also going to choose the hotel plan bookmark…and if you do all those things too,…we'll be starting at the same place.…Let's take a look at the area behind the hotel first.…
We'd like to put a pond in this grassy area…to finish out the idea of our garden in the back.…To get to the water tools, I'll expand the InfraWorks…tool bar, click the pencil icon, and here I'll see…two water related tools, rivers and water areas.…The rivers tool is for creating linear water features…and the water areas tool is for creating closed shapes…like ponds, lakes, and dams.…I'll click the water areas tool, choose a style…from the select draw style asset card, which in this case,…I'm going to choose default water, and then simply…
- Working within the InfraWorks environment
- Building a model of existing conditions
- Creating a new design with roads, coverage, and buildings
- Add detail with trees, water features, and points of interest
- Using styles to change the appearance of your design
- Presenting your design
- Analyzing your design
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD 2015 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 35m Beginner
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
Up and Running with Civil 3Dwith Jon Michael Roberts2h 31m Beginner
1. Work within the InfraWorks Environment
2. Establish Existing Conditions
3. Create Your Design
4. Add Detail
5. Create and Apply Styles
6. Present Your Design
7. Analyze Your Design
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.