Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a texture-based material style, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training (2016).
- [Voiceover] Material styles can be defined by colors…and can also be defined using textures.…You can think of a texture as an image…that is copied over and over in a tiled configuration.…Let's see how it works.…We're going to study our parking lot…again in this video.…And, currently, if you completed the previous video,…you know that this parking lot appearance is defined…by a style that's simply a color.…It's a dark grey color that's applied across…the pavement surface.…So as I zoom in, where I might expect to start seeing things…like the individual stones in the pavement material,…I don't see that because I'm looking at a color.…
So maybe I want a little bit more realism…for those closeup shots that involve the parking lot.…And to do that, we'll create a style…that's based on an image or a texture.…So I'll open the Style Palette.…Here I am in the Manage Toolbar.…Click Style Palette.…I'll click the Material tab…and we want to open a specific catalog…so to make that easier, I'm going to change my view…to Icon List.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.