Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a texture-based material style, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- Material styles can be defined by colors…and can also be defined using textures.…You can think of a texture as an image…that is copied over and over in a tiled configuration.…Let's see how it works.…I'll choose the Phase 1 bookmark to zoom us…into the area that we're working on.…Next I'll open the Style Palette…and I'll do that by clicking the Manage icon…on the core tools toolbar,…and then clicking Style Palette.…I'm going to the Material tab and open a specific catalog,…and it's easier to find the catalog…if I click the little icon here…and change the value to icon list.…
I wanna open the PavementComplete1 catalog…and the reason for this is we've got a cataloged folder…for each video depending on where…you've jumped into the video series.…So, we wanna make sure…that you have the styles that you need…and that you don't have to go back…and complete another video to get to this point.…So, in this catalog we've got one style…called Dark Pavement Color - Complete…and we wanna create a new one…that's based on a texture instead of a color.…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.