Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a road style, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] A road style is one of the most…complex styles that you can work with in InfraWorks 360.…Let's take a look at how to copy an existing road style…and begin turning it into something…that serves our purposes and what we want to do…is apply a darker pavement material…to our subdivision road style.…We also want to remove the paint striping…because really, in a residential devleopment…like this, we typical don't see paint striping…for the road center line.…So, how do we go about doing that?…Well, if you watch the previous few videos,…you know that we started by kind of identifying…which style was controlling the road currently…and it happens to be this one called Sidewalks with Lamps.…
So, I'm going to go into the style palette…and locate that style, so I'll scroll down…to roads, it's in the street catalog,…let me just make the icon list the display choice…and here we have Sidewalk with Lamps.…So, rather than start from scratch…and try to build a style from nothing,…we know that the style we want…is very similar to what is already is use,…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.