Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating pipelines and pipeline connectors, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] For some models, you may want to show…underground pipelines, such as storm, sanitary, or water.…Let's say, for our project, we need to show…some storm-piping, some inlets, some underground pipes,…and then the outfall that drains to a point…where we discharge the storm water that's collected.…To accomplish this, we'll go to some tools in the core menu.…Under the "Draw" icon, we see…"Pipelines" and "Pipeline Connectors."…I want to point out that these are the basic tools.…
If we go to the "Drainage" tool-set, which is here…in the blue icon, we'll find some more…advanced tools for inlets and pipes.…What I'm about to show you, even though this is…a storm example, these are pretty basic tools,…that if, in reality, you were doing a storm design,…you would probably use the tools in the blue icon.…However, if you were doing something like waterline,…sanitary sewer, you would use the tools…I'm about to show you.…In referring to these tools as basic,…what I'm talking about are the shapes available.…
For pipeline connectors, which are used to represent…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.