Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating pipelines and pipeline connectors, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- For some models you may want to show underground pipelines…such as storm, sanitary, or water.…Let's take a look at how that's done.…I'm in the chapter three lynda heights model,…and I've selected a proposal called create pipes.…I'll go ahead and choose the common area plan bookmark…which will zoom me into a plan view of the common area…with the clubhouse and the parking lot.…I'll zoom in a little further to get…a closer look at the parking lot itself.…So for illustration purposes or discussion purposes…we may have been asked to show some storm…for this particular project.…
So we may look at this quickly and say, well,…let's keep this pretty simple,…and let's place an inlet near the center of the parking lot,…one near this edge, and one near the lower corner,…with the intention of conveying all of the storm water…that we collect to a location near the road.…The idea being we collect the drainage,…we pipe it underground, there's probably going to be…a roadside ditch or something here that we can tie into…or maybe even storm associated with the road…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.