Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a model with Model Builder, part of Up and Running with InfraWorks.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- If you have InfraWorks 360,…you will definitely want to leverage the power of…Model Builder to get started on your project.…If you have the desktop version of Infraworks,…with no access to Model Builder,…you can skip this video.…But if you stay tuned,…what you are about to see is pretty amazing.…You can build a 3d model of just about anywhere on Earth…by simply zooming in to an area on a map.…I'll begin on the start page of InfraWorks 360,…and I'm going to be using the Model Builder function.…
Notice that it is in Preview, and that I've turned it on…in the Preview area of the Start page.…To begin, I'll click Model Builder,…which opens a dialog box, which has an interface similar to…one of the more common mapping…websites that you may have visited lately.…I'd like to do a model of Carpinteria, California,…so I'll just simply type that name in,…and click it when I see it pop up on the search list.…I'll automatically get zoomed in to that area,…and I can just use simple navigation tools…to click and drag and position…
- Working within the InfraWorks environment
- Building a model of existing conditions
- Creating a new design with roads, coverage, and buildings
- Add detail with trees, water features, and points of interest
- Using styles to change the appearance of your design
- Presenting your design
- Analyzing your design
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD 2015 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 35m Beginner
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
Up and Running with Civil 3Dwith Jon Michael Roberts2h 31m Beginner
1. Work within the InfraWorks Environment
2. Establish Existing Conditions
3. Create Your Design
4. Add Detail
5. Create and Apply Styles
6. Present Your Design
7. Analyze Your Design
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.