Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a material group, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] For some styles in InfraWorks 360,…namely, road styles,…you need to apply a whole series of material styles at once.…This is where material groups come in.…They're a way to wrap several styles together,…and give them a name.…Let's see how they work.…What we want to do in this video…is similar to what we did with the parking lot.…We weren't happy with the color,…so we applied a darker, and more realistic style to it…to give it a nice, dark pavement appearance.…And we'd like to apply that same effect to our new roads…to make them look darker and newer…in comparison to the existing roads that they tie into.…
Now this application is a little bit more complicated…because road styles are pretty sophisticated styles,…in fact, one of the things that they involve…is that they use material groups…rather than individual materials,…so, we need to kind of do some detective work…to find out what style's being applied to this road,…and then what material group is being applied to that style.…Now why not just start from scratch…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.