Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a material group, part of InfraWorks 2016 Essential Training.
- For some styles in InfraWorks, namely road styles,…you need to apply a whole series of material styles at once.…This is where Material Groups come in.…They're a way to wrap several styles together…and give them a name.…Let's see how they work.…I'll choose the Phase 1 bookmark to zoom into the area…of the model we've been working on.…What I'd like to do next to my model…is similar to what I've done…to the parking lot area around the clubhouse.…I want to apply a darker pavement material look…to make the pavement look newer, freshly laid asphalt…and to give it some differentiation from the existing roads…which would be a little older and more faded out.…
So, how do we get started with going about doing that?…Well, a good place to start is to look at what we have now.…My current road, which runs through…my residential development,…has a certain road style applied to it.…Which style is it?…A good way to find out is to select the road,…right click and choose Properties…and that will open the Properties palette…and if I look at the Manual Style choice,…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.