Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a culvert, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Now that we've determined…the expected storm-flow to our road crossing,…let's figure out if we need a bridge…or if we can get away with a culvert.…Picking up from our last video,…we created this watershed and we also used…the regression analysis type to calculate…the 100-year flow, which is expected to be about 290 CFS.…Will a culvert be able to handle that amount of flow…with the configuration that's needed for this road?…As you might guess, the process…to figuring that out is really simple.…
All I need to do is select the road, right-click,…and when I pick "Add Culverts," it's going to pick up…on the fact that I have a stream, this blue area,…passing beneath the road, and it will automatically…add the culvert at that location.…It'll figure out where the entrance and exit need to be,…both horizontally and vertically, and it will also…pick up on the fact that there is a design-flow…associated with this watershed.…It'll use that design-flow to size the culvert for me.…All that's going to happen by simply right-clicking…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.