Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating coverages, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] The Coverage is a versatile tool that…differentiates land areas and can even be used…to reshape the land.…Let's take a look at how to create coverages.…I'm in the Chapter 3 Lynda Heights model and I've chosen…a proposal called Create Coverages.…I'll also choose a bookmark called Common Area Plan.…And you can see I've zoomed into a central area…of our development.…Now before we get into that, you probably noticed right…away that the road layout has changed quite a bit.…
That's completely common at this stage of design when…you're using InfraWorks 360.…In thinking about this layout a bit more, I decided that…the best configuration would be a single road that…connected at one location, wrapped around the entire…hilltop and then connected again at another location.…With this configuration we can build homes all around…the outside.…There's a little bit of space on the inside, but then…there's extra space for some common areas, perhaps a park…or something of that nature.…
And we also know that we're going to need to provide storm…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.