Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating coverages, part of InfraWorks 2016 Essential Training.
- The coverage is a versatile tool…that differentiates land areas…and can even be used to reshape the land.…Let's take a look at how to create coverages.…I'm in the Ch 03 Lynda Heights model,…and I've chosen a proposal called Create_Coverages.…The next thing I'll do is choose a bookmark…called Common Area Plan.…That's going to zoom in to an area of our development…that you see in the center of your screen.…Now let me zoom out just a bit…because you may notice right away…if you've done any of the previous videos…that this layout is quite different.…
What I've done here is kind of refine the layout…or changed it, reconfigured it…so that we have a single road that…kind of skirts the outer edges of the hilltop…and comes back around and ties to a different place…on our existing road.…What I'm envisioning here are a series of lots…around the outside that kind of look out…over the edge of the hillside.…And then here in the center,…we've got some areas for lots as well,…and some extra space here in the center…that I'm picturing that we could use for a common area.…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.