Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a color-based material style, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training (2016).
- [Voiceover] Material styles are used for lots of…different purposes in Infraworks 360.…So they're a good place to get started when discussing…styles.…Let's take a look at how to make a material style…based on color.…We're going to focus in on the parking lot here…in front of our clubhouse.…Specifically about the color that's currently being…shown on the pavement.…It's very light.…It almost looks like old pavement that's really faded out.…And what we'd like is a nice dark,…new pavement look to this.…
And in order to do that we're going to have to create…our own style because the look that we want doesn't…exist in the software.…So to get started, I need to make sure my style pallet…is open.…If it's not open on your screen, you can go to either…the draw menu and click style pallet or the manage menu…and click style pallet.…We're going to create a material style,…so I'll click the material tab.…And we want to create a catalog for our new style.…So I'll go up here to the top green plus,…not the bottom one.…
Remember, the top one creates new catalogs and the bottom…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.