Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating city furniture, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- So what if you could add more detail to your model…by inserting small 3D models that represent things…like cars, signs, people, all sorts of things.…In Infraworks 360 we refer to these things…as city furniture.…As I navigate the model, you can see that…some more of the design has been added,…the fencing around the tennis courts has been completed…and we added some fencing around the pool area as well.…And now we're interested in adding even more detail…to the model, that's more about aesthetics maybe?…But still very important.…
Let's start with a car.…So, to bring up the city furniture tool,…I'll open the core tools toolbar,…click the create icon,…and then click City Furniture.…I get a pretty extensive list of 3D models,…and in fact that's the only type I can choose from…is 3D model.…And it's pretty tough to find what you need in here,…it makes it much easier if you can type in a keyword…like "vehicle" and find a listing of…a subset of what you're trying to do.…So I'm going to select this white car here,…you can choose whatever vehicle you like,…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.