Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating city furniture, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- So what if you could add more detail to your model…by inserting small 3-D models that represent things like…cars, signs, people, all sorts of things?…In InfraWorks 360, we refer to these things…as "city furniture".…Let's see how it works.…I'm in the Chapter Four Lynda Heights Model,…and I've chosen a proposal called Create City Furniture.…I'll pick my Common Area Iso Bookmark…to zoom us into the Common Area.…And what I wanna do here,…is add some detail to my model.…
Now the things I'm going to add,…may not really add to the design itself,…but they do add realism by putting everyday things…in the context of your design.…It just makes the project seem more doable,…more believable, almost like it already exists.…Let me show you exactly what I'm talking about.…This building is certainly nice enough,…and we can see that we have a parking lot here as well,…but by adding a vehicle into the parking lot,…it just does wonders for the context…of it being a parking lot.…
So, to launch the City Furniture Tool,…I'm going to expand the InfraWorks Toolbar,…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.