Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating buildings, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Creating buildings using InfraWorks 360…is fun and amazingly easy.…I'm in the chapter three of Lynda Heights model,…and I've chosen a proposal called Create Buildings.…I've also restored the bookmark…named Common Area Plan.…Now you may notice, while looking at this model…that we've added a parking area…and that was a simple exercise with the coverage,…just simply launched the tool, drew the shape…and along the way assigned a style…called Parking Lot With Kerb.…So it's skills you already have…in order to draw that parking area.…
So let's talk about the building now.…To do that is very simple,…I'm going to go into the core tools,…click the create icon and then click the buildings tool.…I'll choose a style for my building.…For our example here I'm gonna use a style called Cato.…There are quite a few facade styles…in InfraWorks 360 out of the box,…and of course you can customize those…and add more to your liking.…I'll select that style,…close the select draw style asset card…and I'll start drawing my building.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.