Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating buildings, part of InfraWorks 2016 Essential Training.
- Creating buildings using Infraworks 360…is fun and amazingly easy.…Let's see how it works.…I'm in the "Chapter Three - Lynda Heights" model…and I've chosen a proposal…called "Create Building".…I'll choose the "Common Area Plan" bookmark…to zoom into our common area design.…You can see that since our last design…I've added a parking area.…And, all I did to add the parking area…was to create a coverage using the parking area style.…
And, you can see that style here.…It's called "Parking Lot with Curb".…So, now what I'd like to do is add a building,…and to accomplish that…I'll click the "Buildings" tool…which, by the way, is in the same…drawing tool bar or tool set…as the coverages and roads that…we've studied so far.…So, I'll simply click "Buildings"…and here I see the "Select Draw Style" asset card…and you'll be really impressed with…the number of facade styles…that you'll find in Infraworks 360.…
There are tons of them…and they're broken down into…different categories like "Marble & Stone",…"Concrete & Glass".…There are some "Brick" styles…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.