Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating bridges, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] In the last chapter, you were introduced…to design roads, a more sophisticated and engineering-based…approach to road design.…It's hard to imagine that InfraWorks 360's capabilities…could get even more amazing,…but you're about to see that they can.…Let's see how easy it is to create bridges.…I'm in the Chapter 10 Lynda Heights model.…I've selected a proposal called Create Bridge,…and I've restored a bookmark called bridge one.…Now we're going to get a silly maybe…in this section of the course…in the fact that we're building a bridge…from our residential development across this channel…to another part of the landscape.…
Perhaps there's going to be another development up here…or there are plans to build a golf course up here.…For whatever reason, the residents of Lynda Heights…want to be able to access this other hilltop…without having to drive down the mountain…and back up again.…The reasons behind that really aren't relevant.…What we're tasked with as designers,…is figuring out how we can get them…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.