Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating barriers, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Barriers are another nifty tool…that you can use to add detail to your model.…Let's see how barriers can be used to…create things like walls, fences,…or even a row of light poles.…I'll start by launching the barriers tool…and to do that, I'll open the core tools toolbar,…the create icon, and then barriers,…which is the second tool down from the top.…Next, I want to choose a style,…and there are kind of two ways to build out a barrier.…One is by style, which is what you see here,…and what this approach does is it…creates a series of rectangular prisms,…these chunks of material that have…sides, a front, a back, and a top.…
And it just copies that over and over…along the path that you define.…So for example, if we wanted to do a little retaining wall,…in the back of the parking lot here,…we could simply choose the gray barrier style,…and pick two points along the back of the wall,…remembering to double-click the second point.…And if I hit escape a few times,…you'll see what I'm talking about,…with the rectangular prism chunks that are…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.