Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating barriers, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- Barriers are another nifty tool…that you can use to add detail to your model.…Let's see how barriers can be used…to create things like walls, fences,…or even a row of light poles.…I'm in the Ch 04 Lynda Heights model,…and I've chosen a proposal called Create_Barriers.…I'll select the Common Area Iso bookmark…to zoom me in to the common area.…To create barriers, I go to the Core Tools…for InfraWorks 360, click the Create icon,…and I'll find the Barriers tool here,…it's the second one down just below Roads.…
When I click the tool, I'm asked to select a style.…Now there are two main types of barriers,…two actually quite different ways of drawing barriers.…The choices that you see here…are barriers that are based on styles,…so if you were to look inside a barrier style…you would see that it's just a rectangular prism,…an object with a length, width, height, and depth…that we can copy over and over again…along a linear path.…
We can also apply materials to all of those sides,…the top, bottom, sides, and so on.…So what we end up with is this rectangular prism…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.