Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a new model from scratch, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- If you watch the previous video, you know how easy it is…to create an existing world with Model Builder.…But what if you're using InfraWorks 360 LT…and you don't have access to Model Builder?…Have no fear.…You can still model the existing conditions.…It just takes a bit more work:…Starting with creating a new model from scratch.…As you can see, I've launched InfraWorks 360…and I'm here on InfraWorks Home.…To create a model from scratch,…I can simply click New,…which will open the New Model dialog.…
I'll give my model a name.…For our example here, I'm gonna call this…Lynda Heights from Scratch.…It's also a good idea to provide a description.…When you've got lots of models…populating InfraWorks both locally and in the cloud,…it can become easy to get confused about what's what.…So a description is always a good idea.…For our example here, perhaps I'll just say…Residential development near Carpinteria, CA.…
You can put in there whatever you like.…Next, I wanna choose a location for my model…and I'll click the Browse icon…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.