Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring coordinate systems and units, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] At some point,…early in the creation of your model,…you'll want to set things up,…with the correct units and coordinate system.…Let's take a look at how that's done.…I'm gonna close down the Data Sources panel,…just so we get a little larger view of the model.…Now, I want to advise you,…if you haven't done the previous video…regarding Setting the Model Extents,…I recommend that you go ahead back and do that and,…one way you'll know that that's true,…is if you see a much larger area covered by your imagery,…you'll know that the model extent hasn't been set properly.…
But if it's a smaller subset like what you see here,…Rincon point, the area of Linda Heights,…where it's going to be and,…a little bit of extra area around that then,…your model extents have been set properly,…and you can just continue from where you are.…So, we're gonna look at two things here,…Units and Coordinate System,…and let's start with Units.…To do that, we're gonna go to the Settings and Utilities…icon, which I already have expanded,…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.