Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring coordinate systems and units, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- At some point early in the creation of your model,…you want to set things up…with the correct units and coordinate system.…Let's take a look at how that's done.…I'm in to Chapter 2, Lynda Heights model…and I'm in a proposal called Terrain.…If you haven't completed the steps from the previous video,…the area that's being shown in your imagery may be…quite a bit larger than what you're seeing on my screen.…I suggest that you actually go back and complete that video…if you haven't already.…
Unfortunately, there's no way to save that change.…You actually have to go in and do it…to reduce the model extent…down to the area that I have here.…But in this video, we're interested in talking…about units and coordinate systems.…Right now, we haven't really addressed that in this model…and it's a good time now that we've got…a little bit of data in the model…to get this set up properly.…The first thing we'll look at is units.…Actually, the units in the coordinate system…are handled in two different places.…
To change the units for your model,…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.