Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Calculating quantities, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] So, what about the all important question…of how much is this going to cost to cost?…As it relates to drainage.…Well, InfraWorks 360 has an answer for that too.…I'm going to open my drainage tools…and under this first icon…is the analysis tools…and you'll find, right about in the middle…is this command called quantities.…All I have to do is click the tool,…click the design road,…and it's going to figure out all of the different…inlets and pipes and manholes that I have for this road.…And you can see that I've got a total of 35 inlets,…30 of one type and five of another.…
One manhole, around 5,000 linear feet of pipe…which currently is all 20 inch.…Which, by the way, we can also deal with in InfraWorks 360.…Obviously, all of my pipe being 20 inches…is probably not the optimum design, so what is?…Well, amazingly, I can right click this road…and simply click size drainage network…and when I do, InfraWorks 360…will run through some calculations.…It will bring up the size drainage network asset card…where I can choose some settings…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.