Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Analyzing visibility, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training (2016).
- [Voiceover] One of the simplest, yet most powerful…questions you can answer using your Infraworks 360 model is…"Can I see it from there?".…Let's take a look at how this question can be answered.…I'm gonna go to my Settings and Utilities icon,…click the Application Options icon,…and under 3D Graphics, I wanna change the Display Detail…to high.…The reason is, if you watch the hilltop here,…I wanna make sure that everything that's visible…can actually show up in the model.…So, it might help if I orbit up a little bit.…
You can see that my buildings and such are actually…visible from this distance, but if my…Display Detail is a bit too low,…they start to disappear when…I'm further away from the model.…So just to be safe, let's crank that up as high it can go,…so that way this analysis will actually work,…because those objects pop up in the model.…OK, I'll restore the bookmark again and…what we want to figure out is,…we're standing on Rincon Point,…looking up toward our development,…and let's say a question is raised in a public meeting,…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.