Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Analysis, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now that we've created our bridge design with our precast girders, well what we're going to do is, now we're going to run an analysis on this design. And so, notice we're in this proposal, Bridge Analysis Begin. We're going to go ahead and create a new proposal, Bridge Analysis End. And then from our Design Bridge fly out menu we're going to choose that we want to perform an analysis.
So we select Perform Analysis, and notice, one of the options is Line Girder Analysis. I'm going to go ahead and select Line Girder Analysis, it says Select Bridge. So, I go ahead and select this bridge here, and it comes up and asks us to enter some information. Some of the information we can enter is under Project Information, you can set the project name, your company name, the address, you can even put a logo there once the analysis is complete. The Permissible Factors, Bending Plot, other settings that you establish. Make sure everything's established before you click the Start Analysis, because it's going to be crunching some numbers, dotting the Is, crossing the Ts.
So, before you click Start Analysis, make sure everything's set, because it'll take a minute or two as it goes through that. Let's go ahead and click Start Analysis and see the results. Once the Girder Analysis has completed, it'll come back and provide you information about the results of the analysis. But it also provides a visual key to help you know what girders may not satisfy the design requirements and which ones may. For example, we see that these girders on the exterior do not meet the requirement.
So, all those in green do, whereas those that are somewhat orange are getting close to critical, and not meeting the analysis, so may be considered or reviewed in their design. So, you can pick, of course, any one of them and information will be provided over here about the type of girder it is, so you can again, look into more details and make adjustments as needed.
- What is InfraWorks?
- Model Builder and Model Explorer
- Navigation tools
- Creating roads, buildings, land areas, and city furniture
- Using query tools
- Terrain and feature themes
- Working with styles
- Adding decorations
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage
- Creating a storyboard