Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding vector data, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] For most models…you will need to add vector data such as roads, buildings…and water features, to name a few.…Let's take a look at the differences…between vector data and other types of data…while we learn how to add vector data to the model.…I'll choose a proposal called roads.…In this proposal, the terrain data has already been added…and the imagery has already been added…and we'd like to add some road data to the model.…I'll go into my data sources folder…and I'll open the transportation folder.…
There's another folder within that…and we've got a whole series of files once again.…We're interested in the .shp files.…To make that a little easier to see…I'm going to sort this list by type.…This makes it a little easier…and we see that we have five shp files.…Two having to do with airports, one rail…and two road segment shape files.…Those are the ones we want.…I'll use my Control key to select both of those…and simply drag and drop them into the model.…
Automatically, the data source configuration dialog…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.