Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding terrain data, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training (2016).
- [Voiceover] Terrain data is a very important aspect…of your model.…After all, it defines the shape of the Earth,…the very thing that you're redefining…as you build your design.…Let's take a look at how to add terrain data to your model.…If you recall, we have a Data Sources folder,…and within that Data Sources folder…is another folder called Terrain.…Within that folder is a folder called n35w120.…This is the way the data was downloaded…from the National Map Viewer,…and within this folder is an IMG file,…and that is the largest file in the list,…and that's the one that we want to work with.…
The other files in this list,…I'll admit I don't know what most of them do.…I know that there may be supporting files in there…that help this file understand how it's geo referenced.…Typically, as a rule of thumb,…I'll make sure to bring all these other files…along with my main file just to make sure…that I have everything I need…when I bring the file into InfraWorks 360.…Once that's taken care of,…all I need to do is drag and drop.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.