Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding point cloud data, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- The point cloud is another type of data that…you may find useful to include in your model.…Let's take a look at how InfraWorks 360…handles point clouds.…I'm in the chapter 2 Lynda Heights model,…and I'm going to choose the proposal called, "Point_Cloud."…I'll go to my Data Sources folder,…and within that Data Sources folder,…you'll see another folder called "LIDAR."…And within the LIDAR folder,…there will be a file called, "Coastal LIDAR.rcp."…Now I do need to point out that, originally,…I downloaded this file as a .las file.…
And I used Autodesk ReCap to convert it to an .rcp file.…Pretty easy, but a necessary step for this to be possible.…I'll click and drag the .rcp file,…and simply drop it into my model.…Now in this particular example,…we have to assign the coordinate system.…So far we've dropped in, I think,…three different types of data into this model,…and in all cases the coordinate system…was detected automatically.…But you can see here that we've got the…exclamation point indicating that…something may not quite be right with the geo-location.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.