Learn how to automate document creation for commonly-used documents in Microsoft SharePoint.
- [Shari] Have you ever had to create a proposal or document for a client and can't find the right template? Usually I end up digging around in my file storage and try to locate one I've done for someone else. Then I spend way too much time finding and replacing old information with new information. Occasionally I find out after I sent the document that the one I was using was outdated or maybe I even left remnants in place from the old client. Frustrating right? Hi, I'm Shari Oswald, Microsoft Office specialist master. In a busy world no one really has time for time consuming and repetitive tasks.
When it comes to documentation the right template should be right at our fingertips so that we can quickly get our clients or peers the information that they need. Follow along with me in this course where we're going to explore and then take you step by step to create a document repository using SharePoint. This will help you standardize and even automate your document creation. At the end of this course I envision for you to be able to easily create and organize your documents and you'll never ever have to go looking for the right template or repurpose an old one ever again.
Let's dive into our demo.
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Management (2018)with Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.